Friday, February 29, 2008

Book of Zakah

Alhamdulillah, Shaykh Abu Yusuf Riyadh ul Haq completed commentary of the Book of Funerals (كتابُ الجَنائز ) on 15th February 2008. This was Lesson 184 of the series. The Shaykh started commentary of the Book of Zakah (كتابُ الزكَاة) on 22nd February with hadeeth 702. In this lesson, we learnt that linguistically the word zakah means to flourish e.g. it can be used in the context of plants, vegetation and crops which grow and flourish and also means to purify. This is just a taster of Lesson 185 and the beginning of the Book of Zakah - I will post my notes after I've uploaded the rest of my notes from the Book of Funerals. I recommend that you should all listen to the lessson, either from the podcast or from the Al Kawthar webshop (mp3 file for £2 GBP).

Please remember me in your duas, and pray for the Shaykh and all at Al Kawthar Academy.

Finally, Al Kawthar Academy are still in need of donations. I have set up a new fundraising page - see sidebar widget. Please donate generously and assist the work of deen.

Wasalaam.

hadeeth, al tajrid al sarih, bukhari

No comments: