Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Whispers of the Night

Half-way through the week and I'm still in a poetic mood. I thought I'd post "Whispers of the Night" which has been authored by Shaykh Riyadh ul Haq. I'll end today's post by mentioning where the al Tajrid al Sarih (Abridged Saheeh al-Bukhari) lessons take place, as well as how the lessons can be heard live on the internet.

Whispers of the Night

by Shaykh Abu Yusuf Riyadh ul Haq

I pounded on the door of mercy as the world slept
And humbling myself before my Creator I wept

Hands raised high and head bowed I knelt
And dejectedly began to lament what I felt

With a torn heart I gave a tongue to my woes and fears
And in great anguish and sorrow I let flow my tears

With poignant emotions raging in me so fierce
I hoped that my prayers would the heavens pierce

Oh Maker of my destiny, Master of my fate I cried
Thou art the only refuge and succour for one so tried

'Tis before Thee alone that I bemoan
Sufferings of mine only to Thee known

Pains and torments that I can no longer bear
Hopes and wishes I can entrust only to Thy care

For 'Tis only the ocean of Thine infinite bounty that sustains all
And only Thy forgiveness that restores those that fall

'Tis to Thee alone Oh Benevolent that I extend my hands in plea
To whom besides Thee can this wretched soul flee

Forgive my sins and grant me my desires Oh Almighty
Reject me not, for nothing can redeem me save Thy mercy

--------------------

The lessons of hadeeth take place each Friday at Al Kawthar Academy, 62 Gough Road, Leicester, LE5 4AN UK . The Academy is around 5 miles from M1, Jct. 21 and just over a mile from Leicester Railway Station. It is very close to Masjid Ali. There are facilities for brothers and sisters - brothers entrance is on Smith-Dorrien Road and sisters entrance on Gough Road.

Currently, the lessons begin at 8.15 PM after Esha Salah. However, I'm sure this will change as the days get longer. If I hear of changes in the lesson times I'll post insha'Allah.

For those who can't make it to Leicester there is no need to despair. Alhamdulillah, the Al Kawthar Academy broadcast the daroos live on the net using Paltalk (www.paltalk.com). They have a chat room in the Islam category called (yes, you've guessed it), "Al Kawthar Academy". The room is normally open at 8.00 PM GMT.

Just to make it easy for you all, I've posted corresponding times for other locations around the world [although these times are correct now, British Summer Time begins this Sunday so our clocks will be going forward by 1 hour]

Amsterdam Fri 21:00

Islamabad Fri 01:00

New York Fri 15:00

Paris Fri 21:00

Sydney Sat 07:00

Cape Town Fri 22:00

Berlin Fri 21:00

Toronto Fri 15:00

I'm sure there are probably further details on the al Kawthar website (www.alkawtharacademy.org)

No comments: